Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken & Bowtie Pasta

We had this for dinner last night along with a fruit salad of strawberries, banana and oranges ~ so yummy!






There was no specific recipe I worked from - just items I thought sounded yummy together.


Chicken Bowtie Pasta
 
1 Chicken Breast - pounded to about ¼ - ½” in thickness
2 Tb. Olive Oil
1 Tb. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Steak Seasoning (Montreal Steak Seasoning or something like it)
1 pkg. Whole Wheat Bowtie Pasta
6 oz. Fresh Mozzarella (preferably soft), cubed
2 c. Sliced Mushrooms
¼ c. Diced Onions
1 tsp. butter (I use Earth Balance Organic Buttery Spread)
2 Roma Tomatoes – diced
2 Cloves Chopped Garlic (or 1 tsp. pre-chopped/minced garlic)
¼ c. Olive Oil
2 Tb. Balsamic Vinaigrette

Cook pasta according to package directions.  

In a small bowl combine chopped garlic, ¼ c. olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette – mix together and set aside.

Preheat grill or pan to med-high heat.  In a Ziploc back combine 2 Tb. olive oil, soy sauce and steak seasoning and gently mix together – add chicken making sure to coat all sides.  Place chicken on a hot grill or in pan and cook for 3 minutes per side.  Remove, cut it into rough cubes and set aside.

While chicken is cooking sauté onions and mushrooms in melted butter until onions are slightly translucent - remove from heat.

Put cooked pasta into a large serving bowl.  Add in cheese, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, chicken – mix together.  Pour garlic, olive oil, vinaigrette mixture over top and toss until noodles are coated. 


I would have liked to have added some chives but I was out so I’ll have to add them next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio